Dragon Medical & Professional Technical Support
General Speech Recognition Support Information
Whether Dragon or your microphone(s) are misbehaving, not functioning, or you wish to optimize your speech recognition solution, Speakeasy Solutions has considerable experience and knowledge to assist you.
Speakeasy Solutions provides support for the software (Dragon® Medical One & Dragon® Professional) and hardware (such as handheld and headset microphones) sold to its Canadian clients.
Technical support and setup services are purchased at current rates for such from Speakeasy Solutions any time after you receive products or are in need. Some of our package solutions include remote technical support (check your invoice or contact us for confirmation).
Speakeasy Solutions offers multiple support methods, accommodating your preference:
- Internet (remotely, using TeamViewer dekstop viewing application)
- On-site (Vancouver, BC Canada and surrounding area)
Dragon Tech Support
Dragon may function effectively for some time, and then for seemingly no reason at all, cease to work to one degree or another.
Speakeasy Solutions troubleshoots the symptoms with you, quickly arriving at a solution based on the information you provide or that avail themselves during and in-depth investigation.
Microphone Tech Support
While microphones do not last forever, numerous issues experienced are easily resolved within Dragon or with the microphone itself.
Speakeasy Solutions rapidly troubleshoots the reason for the malfunctioning microphone, and then guides you through a resolution, returning productivity to you as quickly as possible.
Quick Tips & Blog Articles
Technical support Quick Tips and Blog Articles are found on the bottom of each product’s webpage. In some cases, links to manuals & guides are situated in the product’s information section and/or at the bottom of each product’s webpage. In lieu of contracting Speakeasy Solutions for technical support services, you may find some assistance in these sections.
If you prefer a personal touch, or a quicker resolution, do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Dragon & Microphone Support Service Provision
Technical support services include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting an inoperable Dragon and/or microphone,
- Unwanted behaviour between Dragon and other applications,
- Erratic behaviour with microphones,
- Additional installations, upgrade, or reinstallation of Dragon and microphone software,
- Dragon User profile repair,
- Dragon Roaming or Dragon single user profile management (importing, exporting and backing up), and
- Microphone firmware and software updates.
Before You Contact Us
In order to assist you expeditiously, please consider the following:
- Shut down all computer applications (saving any work along the way), and restart your computer. Windows operating systems sometimes enter a poor state, adversely affecting the operation of computer applications. A simple restart/reboot often alleviates problems encountered.
- Follow any cables and ensure that they are firmly and correctly connected. Try moving a microphone’s USB cable to a different USB port.
- Either take note of any error messages produced OR take screen captures of these error messages (press < Prt Scn > on your keyboard, then open up Paint, MS Word or WordPad, press < Ctrl + v > to paste the captured image, and then save (press < Ctrl + s >) to your hard drive or network. The error messages themselves aid in the technical support troubleshooting process.
- Take note of all applications open/running at the time of the problem.
- Take note of the exact date and time the problem occurs.
- Have there been any system changes lately (i.e. Windows updates, MS Office updates, new applications installed or updated, etc.)?
With the above information, we are able to assist you more quickly than without the above information.
For Dragon Professional and Dragon Medical Support
Please gather the following files.
dragon.log: Click Start> Programs> Dragon> Show Dragon Log.
dgnsetup.log: Click Start> Programs> Dragon> Show Setup Log.
msinfo file: For Windows 10 OS systems, Click Search> Run. Type “msinfo32” and OK. Give it time to appear. Click File> Save and this will save the appropriate data into an .nfo file.
Put these files in a folder on your desktop or other location so that they may be easily sent by email to Speakeasy Solutions when instructed.
Methods of Contact
Phone us — we may be immediately available to assist. If we are not immediately available, we can arrange a mutually convenient time for the support call (often the same day).
Locally within the Vancouver mainland: 604-264-9109 Ext. 102
Outside of mainland Vancouver: 1-888-964-9109 Ext. 102
Schedule a Support Appointment
Book a remote support appointment to discuss your misbehaving Dragon or problematic microphone.
- Category: Choose “Dragon | Support”.
- Service: Choose the most appropriate from the 3 choices.
- Time: Choose your time zone, followed by a date and available time.
- Provide Information: Enter your name, email, phone, plus other relevant information.
- Click “Done”.