Hardware & Internet Requirements for Dragon Medical One
The following specifications apply to PCs. For macOS where Parallels or Boot Camp are deployed, the Windows component must meet the below specifications (not the Mac).
If needed, please forward this information to your IT support, or contact us for additional information or clarification regarding any of the following details.
PC Hardware & Specifications
Speakeasy Solutions recommends the following minimum specifications for Dragon Medical One:
- OS: 64-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, with latest patches applied.
- Windows 10 or 11 Professional is highly recommended.
- .NET: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or higher) is required.
- To be system ready for future upgrades of DMO, .NET Framework 6 is required. As such, if you need to install .NET 4.7.2, consider installing 6.
- Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime: See below for verification.
- On your computer, open Windows Apps & features. You can search using “apps & features”.
- In Apps & features, search using “WebView2”. If WebView2 is installed, it is presented at the bottom.
- If it is not present, install WebView2 Evergreen Standalone component via Microsoft.
- RAM: 8GB (4GB is just sufficient to run a computer’s OS).
- Additional RAM (over 8GB) is helpful if using multiple applications.
- Internet Connection: 80kBps and higher.
- DMO only uses about 10 KB/s upstream per user(translated to about .08 Mbps) and 2-8 KB/s down (.064 Mbps).
- Microphones: Android or iOS Smartphone, or a quality microphone such as the Philips SpeechMike handheld or Sennheiser headset.
- Web Browser: Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge version 104 or later.
Internet Access Requirements
Dragon Medical One is a cloud-based speech recognition solution. A company will frequently have firewall rules and / or content filters which limit internet access. In order to install and properly operate this solution, you must be able to access the following Internet domains and ports.
|80||Software distribution and installation, training videos.|
|443||Secure channel for speech recognition service.|
Smartphone & Microphone
With Dragon Medical One, use your Android or iPhone as a microphone. Remote in to your office computer and use DMO as if you were physically there.
Mix and match between Smartphone and microphone depending on your workflow and environment.
Handheld vs Headset
If the physician dictates numerous short bursts of dictation throughout the day without the need for being hands-free, then a hand-held microphone is very useful.
If, on the other hand, the physician dictates only a couple of times per day or needs to work hands-free (i.e. physically handling charts and notes), then a microphone headset would be more appropriate.
Both a wired and wireless solution are available for headset and handheld microphones.
Install Dragon Medical One on as many PC computers as required.
Each user of DMO may have their subscription implemented on the same computer without compromising one another’s DMO user profile (only use your subscription account of DMO; never any one else’s).
As the DMO user profile is in the cloud, learning and refinements are updated in the cloud and available to you no matter which computer you use.