Dragon® Professional 16 for PC Upgrade
Announcing Dragon® Professional Individual 16
While there are few new features, there are numerous updates to the core program and therefore not visible. As myself and many of our customers have noted, Dragon Professional 15’s performance has deteriorated dramatically in the past year with updates to Windows Operating Systems amidst a Dragon product that hasn’t had updates in years. Version 16 is a very welcome upgrade!
So what is new?
- Windows 11 support
- Office 2021 support
- Windows Server 2022 support
- MouseGrid supports multiple monitors (up to 3). For more information, see Using your mouse with MouseGrid.
- PowerMic 4 support. For more information, see Options dialog box—PowerMic
- MS Teams Home and Work editions support. For more information, see Working with Microsoft Teams.
- Improved high resolution monitor support.
- Corel WordPerfect 2021 support.
- Major bug fixes, security enhancements, general stability and usability improvements.
- Installation permitted on TWO computers (previously, this was four).
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB for all operating systems — Speakeasy Solutions recommends a bare minimum of 8 GB of RAM.
- Processor: Minimum 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.8 or later.
- Generally, the .NET Framework is pre-installed on Windows 10 and 11 computers. If you do not have it installed, you are prompted to install it during Dragon’s installation.
- Nuance does not provide the .NET Framework with your installation; you must download the installation file from microsoft.com.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Runtime
- If you do not have it installed, you are prompted to install it during Dragon’s installation.
There are more than this list from Nuance, but these are the salient points:
- Full text control in Microsoft Word: In previous releases, some users reported that if Dragon was open before starting Word, Dragon would occasionally not have full Text Control in Word. This has been fixed.
- Modern comments in Microsoft Word: Users were not able to dictate into Word document comment field. This is has been fixed.
- Commands in Microsoft Outlook in Office 365: When using Microsoft Outlook in Office 365, some commands (“Select to field”, “Select cc field”, “Go to to field” and “Go to cc field” for example) did not function as expected. This has been fixed.
- Dictation in web applications: Dictation in some web applications did not function properly. This issue has been fixed.
- Mousegrid command and the Windows 10 Settings screen: In some editions of Dragon, the “Mousegrid” command did not work properly when in the Windows 10 settings screen. This has been fixed.
- Dictation into some applications causes them to stop working: In some previous editions, dictating into some applications (Excel, Word, IE, Skype for Business, Outlook) would cause those applications to stop working. This issue has been fixed.
- Cursor placement when dictating after typing in DragonPad: In some previous editions, if you mixed typing and dictation in DragonPad, your dictation would not be placed at the cursor position. This issue has been fixed.
Meet Minimum PC Specs
For the new version to run smoothly, it is imperative that the computer(s) meet the minimum hardware specifications for the new version of Dragon. Hardware updates may be required.
Purchase Dragon® Professional Individual
Dragon® Professional Individual Software
Speakeasy Solutions Services (installation and/or training)
Popular Microphones for Lawyers and Professionals
If none of the microphones listed are of interest, view all of our available microphones.