Philips SpeechMike Premium Touch USB SMP3700
Efficient for numerous brief bursts of dictation or those who do not wish wear a headset.
The SpeechMike offers programmable buttons for controlling Dragon and your computer.
This Philips SpeechMike handheld is the most popular wired handheld among medical practitioners.
Mousing performed via touchpad.
The Philips SpeechMike Premium Touch (SMP3700/3710) is the latest innovation from Philips. It comes with a premium decoupled studio quality microphone, a built-in noise reduction filter, antimicrobial housing and a motion sensor for the clearest speech recordings and most accurate speech recognition results. The new touch sensor ensures easier navigation, saving you even more time.
- The free-floating microphone is decoupled from the device’s housing, which guarantees that almost no background, touch, click, air or structure-borne noise is recorded.
- Fleece inserted above and below the microphone capsule filters out sound distortions such as pop and hiss noise, guaranteeing perfect results even if dictating closely into the microphone.
- The device is designed to fit perfectly into the hand and reduce unintentional pressing of buttons.
- The SpeechMike Premium Touch comes with a slide-switch (SMP3710) or, the more popular, push-button operation (SMP 3700).
- The SpeechMike Premium Touch comes with an integrated motion sensor, making it the first stationary dictation device that can be controlled by the movement of your hand. It detects when it’s put on the table, mutes the microphone, and once it is being picked up again it unmutes the microphone.
- The device comes with a touch sensor. This allows the user to easily control and navigate within applications while recording, without having to switch between the mouse and microphone.
- The SpeechMike Premium Touch has freely configurable keys which are especially useful for programming speech recognition commands.
OS & Software Support
- PC: Windows 10 (64 bit), Windows 8.1/7 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (32/64 bit)
- MAC: macOS 10.13/10.12. IMPORTANT NOTE — Dragon Mac products have been discontinued and are no longer supported.
Dragon Speech Recognition Support
- Dragon Professional: 12.5/13/14/15 Individual/Group
- Dragon Legal: 12.5/13/14/15
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition: 2/3/4
- SMP3700/3710 leaflet
- SMP3700 QuickStart guide
- SMP3710 QuickStart guide
- SMP3700/3710 using the Dragon mode
- SMP User manual
- SpeechMike Button Modes
Using the Philips SpeechMike Premium Touch with Dragon
This 44 page Resource Guide provides an overview of the Philips SpeechMike Premium's device settings, along with the new features (pick and drop, microphone motion control, and scroll wheel function). This booklet is free with the purchase of a Philips SpeechMike Premium from Speakeasy Solutions.
Application controls are covered in more detail, outlining how to assign buttons, along with a detailed description of the Dragon commands possible.
Examples are also provided for the most commonly assigned functions (i.e. opening a file, creating a new document based on a Microsoft Word template etc.).
Tips for using the Philips SpeechMike Premium with an EMR (electronic medical record application) and some troubleshooting notes are also provided.
The Resource Guide provides over 30, easy to follow, screen captures, with instructions on Philips SpeechMike Premium configuration.
- basic & advanced device settings,
- exporting & uploading settings,
- assigning functionality to buttons,
- Dragon command functionality,
- suggested optimal settings,
- tips for use with electronic medical record applications, and
- troubleshooting tips.
Speakeasy Solutions Optimal Configuration Settings
You will also receive an optimal configuration file for the SpeechMike (based on clients' most desired configuration). Use this as is or as a starting point for your own custom configuration.
Philips SpeechMike Premium Blank Configuration
Use this convenient PDF to record your custom device configuration settings.
|Dimensions||22.5 × 14.5 × 4 cm|